One of the complaints of vCenter 2.x was the limited number of alarms that could be configured. With vCenter 4.x VMware addressed this by giving admins the ability to create alarms for just about a…
Few days back. I had installed vCenter 6 appliance and configured it. Today I need to copy Microsoft sysprep files into the vcenter appliance to configure guest customization. But when I tried to c…
Si votre database vCENTER SQL Express est full (4GB sous SQL2005, 8GB sous SQL2008), suppression d’entrée (type évenements) et shrink de la base 😉
- Restarting the Management agents on an ESXi or ESX host
- Installing VMware Tools in an Ubuntu virtual machine
- Backing up a Changed Block Tracking enabled virtual machine in ESXi 6.0.x returns incorrect changed sectors
- Correlating VMware product build numbers to update levels
- TCP and UDP Ports required to access VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi and ESX hosts, and other network components
- Choosing a network adapter for your virtual machine
- Download URLs for VMware vSphere Client
- VMware support for open-vm-tools
- Increasing the size of a virtual disk
- Consolidating snapshots in vSphere 5.x/6.0
- Investigating virtual machine file locks on ESXi/ESX
- Powering off a virtual machine on an ESXi host
- Installing patches on an ESXi 5.x/6.x host from the command line
- Setting the number of cores per CPU in a virtual machine
- Understanding virtual machine snapshots in VMware ESXi and ESX
- Troubleshooting virtual machine console and MKS issues in the vSphere Client
- General VMware Tools installation instructions
- ESXi 6.0 network connectivity is lost with NETDEV WATCHDOG timeouts in the vmkernel.log
- Increasing the size of a disk partition
- VMware ESXi 6.0, Patch Release ESXi600-201510001
VMware VCSA (vCenter Server appliance) is more robust and more scalable. Details in my post which has the details of vCenter server 6.0 (Windows and Linux versions). While deployment of Windows based vCenter server is probbably more usuall in the enterprise, the VCSA isn’t that popular just yet. The reason is certainly the previous limitations of VCSA, but which now dissapeared (almost).
Recently did a datastore migration of a Virtual Server to a faster 15K LUN.
Our client only has the VMWare Essentials Plus so we cannot do a live migration of the store.
Virtual Server was stuck at 99% and I could not do anything with the Server. I checked Snapshot manager and 1 snapshot did exist.
In first post I will show you how to install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 to use it by vCenter Server 5.5 on Windows Server 2012. Next posts will cover Databases preparation and vCenter Server 5.5 installation.
Google has been threatening to remove NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface) support for some time now and they’ve tested the waters with version 42 by disabling it. Since theVMware Client Integration Plugin requires NPAPI, administrators now have to enter their credentials manually. Terrible, I know!
This article provides steps to power on virtual machines from the command line (either through the ESX host console or through the RCLI/vSphere CLI) if the host cannot be managed from vCenter Server or from the vSphere Client.